To create a Data Studio report for Google Business Profile (Formerly Google My Business) data we fetch your data daily and store it in Google BigQuery so its always available, fast and you only pay for the locations you choose.
1. Create a Pipeline
This step is broken into two different parts, the Source (which will be your Google Business Profile Locations) and step 2 the Destination, which will be Google BigQuery.
- Navigate to the create Pipeline page (https://app.jepto.com/pipelines/create)
- Click on the data source selector to open the connection draw
- Choose Google My Business from the 'Data Source' dropdown
- If you haven't already, add your Google Account that has access to your Google Business Profile locations
- Select the Locations that you want to report on.
Note: Each location utilizes 1 Data Warehouse Credit. During the free trial you will have 10 Data Warehouse Credits to utilize, so you can sync up to 10 locations. If you would like more than this you will need to subscribe to a plan and purchase additional credits.
- Set the Timezone of the locations to allow for correct data
2. Set the Pipeline destination
- Click on the destination selector to open the connection draw
- If you don't already have your own Google Cloud Platform Account choose the 'Google BigQuery (Managed)' option.
NOTE: When you select the Managed option we create you a Google Cloud Platform Project and absorb all costs and maintenance.
- Add each user/email that you want to grant access to the data, this should be the email address (Google Account) that you will use to create a Data Studio report. If the email address you need is not in the list, please add it as a user as the list only contains users who have accepted invites.
NOTE: You can edit a Pipeline after creation, so if you need to add another email which isn't already a user you can create the pipeline first.
- Choose a data center that is closest to you
3. Make a copy of a Template
GMB Data Studio Template - https://datastudio.google.com/reporting/3006aaf4-50bb-4d1e-967c-560de2e9516a
Make a copy by using the overflow menu (three vertical dots) in the top right corner of the Data Studio report.
4. Create a New BigQuery Data Source
As the template uses a Demo Data Source, you will need to create a new Data Source. Select the bottom option of 'Create data source' and then find 'Jepto - Reporting'.
5. Connect to your Jepto Data Warehouse Pipeline and Copy the Report
Select the pipeline that you want to use as a data source. If failing to connect the pipeline, ensure that you have access control to the Google Cloud Platform.
6. Adjust the report for your needs
Once you connect the Big Query table, the report creation process is the same as any other connector you have previously used.
If you would like to compare multiple locations see Page 2 of the template which provides various options for location comparison.