A Google Cloud project is required for the No Code Datawarehouse as this is where you data will be stored. The process takes around 3 minutes to setup from start to finish and requires no coding or technical knowledge. Whilst a Credit Card is required, the costs for a Data Pipeline for a small to medium business (100 GMB Locations or 10 Google Search Console properties) is covered in the free tier that Google Cloud offers.
1. Create a free Google Cloud Platform account.
2. Click on the 'Select a Project' dropdown in the top menu bar and then click 'New project'. In the New Project window that appears, enter a project name and select a billing account as applicable. A project name can contain only letters, numbers, single quotes, hyphens, spaces, or exclamation points, and must be between 4 and 30 characters.
3. Create and add a Billing Account to your project as this is required for data to be loaded into BigQuery. For detailed notes on creating a Billing Account please see here.
Optional - Controlling costs with Budgets
A budget enables you to track your actual Google Cloud spend against your intended spend, to create one follow this process:
- Open the console Navigation menu menu, and then select Billing.
- If you have more than one Cloud Billing account, do one of the following:
- To manage Cloud Billing for the current project, select Go to linked billing account.
- To locate a different Cloud Billing account, select Manage billing accounts and choose the account for which you'd like to set a budget.
- In the Billing navigation menu, select Budgets & alerts.
- Click + CREATE BUDGET.
- Set the budget Scope and then click Next
- Set a monthly budget Amount and then click Next.
- Set budget threshold rules and actions
- Click finish to save the budget