A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record-keeping purposes. When you visit or access the Platform, we may by means of cookies, beacons, tags, scripts, and/or similar technologies automatically collect technical information about the devices and software you use to access the Platform, such as the type of Internet browser or mobile device you use, the website or source that linked or referred you to the Platform, your IP address or device ID (or other persistent identifier that uniquely identifies your computer or mobile device on the Internet), the operating system of your computer or mobile device, and other similar technical information.
You can see more information about the cookies we use including who they belong to, their ID and why they are used. We’ve also included links to the third-party websites where you can go to find out more.
Technical, analytics, and usage information
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. Jepto tracks users use of the Platform, but does not track users across third-party websites.
These same technologies (or a combination of them) may also be used to help us:
- Capture and store users' preferences, account settings, and certain login information (mainly for convenience, user verification, and account security)
- Compile statistics and analytics about your use of and interaction with the Platform, including details about how and where our Platform is accessed, how often you visit or use the Platform, the date and time of your visits, your actions on the Platform, and other similar traffic, usage, and trend data. These analytic tools allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your device and gain insights about how mobile software is used in order to improve your experience;
- Gather important functionality, testing, and performance data about our Platform, including performance data related to our mobile application, such as networking activity, CPU load, and resource usage, among other relevant data;
- Moderate user behavior on the Platform, such as protecting against fraud and other inappropriate activities;
- Gather demographic information about our user base; and, Perform other similar functions.
We may use third-party tools and technologies to help us gather this information discussed above. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data with technologies such as tracking pixels. Typically, all technical, analytics, and usage information is gathered by Jepto in anonymous form and does not identify you personally.
Advertising and Marketing
What does this mean? When you click on a link to an External Partners on our Site, that External Partner will drop a cookie (or similar tracking technologies) and likely capture and collect your device ID or IP address, as well as information about your device, operating system, the wireless carrier providing service to such device, and the geographical location of the device (i.e. Usage, Technical and/or Tracking Data primarily) so that it can track your activity on the Site and when you visit other sites, unless you blocked cookies as described below.
These External Partners may also download non-personally identifiable cookies to your computer, or use other technologies such as “web beacons” to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. Their use of your Personal Data will be governed by the terms of their privacy policies and their privacy policies may explain the way in which you can "opt-out" of certain tracking by their advertisements.
Jepto does not process or respond to web browsers' "do not track" signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who visit or use our Platform.